Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I've always loved fish. I'm almost 82% sure I've been eating fish since the moment I was born. Puree'd  Miso Black Cod in a bottle? Sounds reasonable to me. 
























Because of my undying love for all things with fins, it came as a monumental surprise to Collin and I that we had never gone on a date to a seafood restaurant. Keep in mind, food is one of our biggest hobbies. You've never met people that love to eat as much as we do. (Lately, we've been thinking that we need to offset our food hobby with some sort of exercise hobby... Our waistlines have been reminding us that the two should probably go hand in hand.)

Cue: Bear Flag. My newfound favorite seafood joint.



We had our own little fish taco frenzy. We tried four different types: Orange Roughy, Halibut, Sea Bass, and Salmon. They were so fresh and sooo good. But honestly... it was all about the Ahi Poke. It was insane. Hands down, the best poke I've had. If you end up in Newport and stumble into this little gem. DO NOT leave without some poke.

With my desperation for fish finally satisfied, C and I finished our date with one of our favorite activities: walking aimlessly with our bellies full, exploring and laughing together. I'm convinced that anything and everything is more fun with him around. It's really darn cool to be in love with your best friend.

We both give Bear Flag two taco-covered thumbs up.



No comments:

Post a Comment