Wednesday, July 31, 2013

There is nothing that can make a twenty year old feel more carefree and toddler-like than a good ol' popsicle. From Bomb Pops to Push Pops to Otter Pops, I'm convinced that the popsicle was the treat of my childhood. In fact, I have a distinct memory from when I was younger of acting like a tiny little Mario Batali, running around the kitchen and finding different kinds of liquids I could freeze into popsicles. My favorite always ended up being the Welch's Grape Juice. Creative, right? I'd like to think my culinary skills have improved since then. 























A couple days ago, Collin and I were on one of our classic walks around the Orange Circle when we spied: (wait for it...) a GOURMET POPSICLE STAND. I couldn't contain myself. The toddler in me almost started cartwheeling around the fountain.



















































After much (and I mean muuuuch...) deliberation, I chose a Roasted Apricot & Almond Cream popsicle, and C went for the Blueberry Lime. I was in my own little frozen dreamland.

Front Porch Pops. Who knew!? They almost beat my signature Welch's-Pops. 

...almost.


No comments:

Post a Comment